How to get a manicure, perfect nails step by step
How to get a manicure, perfect nails step by step. The hands tell us a lot about the person: if he bites his nails he is nervous and insecure, if he takes them careless he is an inconsistent and conformist person, while well-groomed nails denote seriousness, perseverance, and perfectionism. To be able to look beautiful hands we must pay a little attention to the nails and apply a moisturizer every day to avoid dryness. We tell you how to do a manicure to have perfect nails step by step. To make your nails stylish you should follow these tips.
The first steps for perfect nails
Let’s start by the beginning. Before starting the manicure, it is essential to perform simple care that will make your nails look better. Sometimes, in a hurry, we ignore these preparations, but they can be the difference between a mediocre manicure and a manicure that shines on its own.
- Start with well-cleaned nails
The first thing is to remove any remaining enamel that we have from the previous manicure that we have done. It may seem silly but it is as if you put on makeup without first washing your face well, the result will be a fudge. To do this, use a cotton swab or ear swab dipped in nail polish remover, preferably without acetone and with moisturizing agents to improve the health of your nail. It is one of the best tips for perfect nails.
- Cut your nails to an appropriate length
We cut the nails in the desired length, trying that all have more or less the same length. It is very bad that each nail has a different size. If you have broken one, cut the others a little more so that it does not get out of hand. Calm down, they will soon grow! Cut the nails the size and shape that you like, but try to be straight cuts without corners to avoid problems. Some people prefer to soak their hands in soap and water between 5 and 10 minutes before starting to cut. In this way, the nails soften and facilitate the task. You can use a nail clipper (which will be very useful especially when you use the left hand if you are right-handed or right if you are left-handed) or small scissors designed to cut the nails.
- File the nails with a nice shape
File the nail according to the shape that you like, but also take into account its natural form. Take special care on the sides to prevent the nail from falling off or leaving any spikes and we may break or get caught in the stockings, for example. So that the result is perfect without damaging your nails, it always looks in the same direction and avoids doing it when they are wet. There are different types of files in the market, although the experts in manicure usually recommend not using metallic ones. These, due to their hardness, can end up damaging the natural nails. Before continuing, wash your hands well, even with water, to eliminate the dust that remains after filing.
- Work the cuticle
The cuticles of the nails always cause great doubts. Should we cut them? Is it OK to withdraw them? You should know that the cuticle serves to protect the nail bed. Therefore, eliminating it increases the chances of the nails growing bad or infections occur. Therefore, they should never be cut. To make them look good, it is necessary to moisturize the cuticles with the cream. It is as simple as insisting on the base of the nail when you put cream on your hands. If you want to remove them, apply a little Vaseline or gel on each nail and use an orange stick to push them up. Be careful not to make small wounds that can be very annoying.
- Moisturize your hands well
After filing the nails, hydrate your hands well. Let the product act and wait until it is completely absorbed.
- And now … for the manicure!
Now it only remains to choose what kind of manicure we want to look and, hands on!
The different types of manicures
The most difficult thing to do a manicure is to decide on one or the other since there are many types. Here are some of the most common. It is one of the best tips for perfect nails.
- Natural nails
If you like your nails naturally, why are you going to have to wear fake ones? Take advantage of your own nails to make the most original manicures. It is one of the best tips for perfect nails. It is necessary to take good care of them to be able to continue boasting of beautiful nails, but it is as simple as taking into account certain daily beauty routines.
- Gel nails
To achieve the finish of this type of manicure is used a gel enamel that is allowed to dry under ultraviolet light. You can file them to your liking and they are more flexible and natural than other types of false nails. It is one of the best tips for perfect nails. In general, they usually last up to 2 weeks if they take good care of themselves.
- Acrylic nails
A polymer powder is used to create a layer similar to plastic that can be painted of all existing colors. Acrylic nails usually have a longer life, although the materials must be applied with care so that the result is optimal. In addition, without the necessary precautions, there is a risk of damaging the nail.
- Porcelain nails
Porcelain nails are harder than other types of false nails, which makes them more resistant to shocks. As it happens to the gel nails, it depends on the speed at which the nail grows, which will create a hole in the base. It is one of the best tips for perfect nails.
- Permanent manicure
If you want a design that lasts up to 3 weeks, go to your beauty salon and ask for a permanent manicure. An intermediate option is semi-permanent enamels. It is one of the best tips for perfect nails.
And how to get a manicure?
Are you looking for designs to paint your nails? We propose a varied selection to inspire you in any occasion: from the elegance and sobriety of the French manicure to the crazy creativity of nail art. It is one of the best tips for perfect nails.
- A classic winner: the French manicure
It is one of those types of basic manicures that have worked over the years and that will always be a success. It is a very elegant nail model, natural and simple to make from home. Although you can make many different colors, the most traditional is to paint the edge of the nail white and the base of a light pink or transparent tone.
When imagination is given free rein, ideas as innovative as the inverse French manicure can emerge. In this design, instead of painting the upper edge of the nail, the inside is painted, that is, the area of the cuticles. It is definitely a different manicure. Do you dare?
- Nails of a plain color: simple but effective
The smooth color manicures are the quickest and easiest option to add a touch of color to your nails. And, despite its simplicity, it is a good design for any occasion. Choose the color you like the most or combine it with the looks you wear. Remember first a base layer in a neutral or transparent color, two more layers of enamel that you decide and a last transparent layer to finish.
- Striped nails: the easiest nail art
The sailor stripes are always fashionable. Vertical, horizontal, diagonal, zigzag … There are as many possibilities as there are ideas you can think of. If this design seems too simple, you can complicate it with different geometric patterns: triangles, diamonds, squares … So that the lines are completely straight, you can use stickers that cover the part you do not want to paint. In case of an emergency, you can use adhesive tape. You can get more ideas like this in here- The Style Tribune
- Moles come to your nails
And, how could it be otherwise … make polka dots on your nails! Moles are one of those flattering tendencies that never leave. You can make polka dots directly on the naked nail (with a base layer, of course) or paint a background of a color that contrasts with the enamel that you will use for small circles.
To make this nail design look good, you have to get the right tools. If you have a good pulse, you can use a very thin brush to draw the points. But in the Women’s Daily, we recommend that you use a circular punch because it will be much easier for you.
- Drawings for the funniest manicure
Let your imagination fly and make small drawings on your nails. Use a fine brush to siluetear and color the figures that you like: flowers, hearts, stars, cats … Whatever you can think of! If you do not see yourself capable of making these designs, you can always put on some nice stickers designed for nails or stamping.
- The most original enamels
Have you ever seen how craquelure enamel looks? When you apply it to the nails, it looks like a normal one, but as the seconds pass it starts to crack. The result is the most original. On the other hand, magnetic enamels allow you to create the most sophisticated designs and in the simplest way. And you only need a magnet. You can also use a metallic enamel in the tone that you like: gold, silver, pinkish, bluish, etc. The last thing is the holographic and thermal enamels, which change color with temperature changes.
Basic tips for perfect nails
And finally, take good note of the following tips to have perfect nails.
– This is one of the best tips you can give to get a perfect nail finish. Start with a base layer of clear enamel that will prepare your nail for subsequent pigments. Then apply two coats of the enamel you want. To finish your nail design, you must apply a topcoat, that is, a transparent layer (which can be matte or glossy depending on the finish you want to give your nail) to match and disguise all the small imperfections that have been left.
– Essential trick for your nails to last longer painted:: spread the enamel all over the surface and seal with a few small taps on the edge of the nail. In this way,y you will be reinforcing the enamel to prevent it from jumping or flaking.
– After a couple of days, return to give a layer of enamel, although you do not need it. Prevention is better than cure.
– Before painting your nails, make sure they do not have traces of cream, oil, dirt, old enamel, etc. All of them cause imperfections and, in addition, will make your enamel spoil before.
– Never use enamels that have expired or that have been open for a long time. They may look good, but they will have lost their properties and, therefore, will last less on your nails.
-We know that you like to wear nails always painted, but it is advisable to let them breathe at certain times . No matter how good the products you use, try to leave your nails natural every so often. We recommend that you leave two days of rest between one manicure and another.
– Always protect your nails. In winter, put on wool gloves so your nails do not go too cold. But the summer heat can also weaken them. Therefore, it is advisable to keep them well hydrated and apply treatments that strengthen them. And whenever your hands are in contact with cleaning products, use gloves. These contain chemicals that not only dry out your skin , but also put your manicure at risk.
– Has your nail polish dried? Take a couple of small drops of nail polish remover and shake vigorously. Keep introducing nail polish remover little by little until you get the texture you like, but be careful not to miss it or you will spoil the entire pot. You can also use a little hot water. Although this home remedy revives your enamel, we are sorry to say that it is possible that it will never be the same again.
-In the Feminine Diary, we care that you always have your nails perfect . Here we tell you much more about your health and we teach you to make yourself different types of manicures.