How to apply blush for your face shape
The blush is a fundamental element of makeup, which can give you a youthful and beautiful radiance. However, it may be difficult to know how to make it look the best on your unique face. Use the right techniques to apply it to the areas that favor your face and choose a color and texture that fit well on your skin so that the blush looks fantastic. In this article, we we will discuss how to apply blush for your face shape.
To apply the blush quickly and easily, pass the brush in the blush powder and tap it to remove the excess. Then, gently stroke it over the cheekbones. Blot the blush with another fluffy brush and remove the excess with a tissue. Keep reading to know how to apply the blush according to the shape of your face and how to choose the best colors and textures for you.
14 Tips to apply blush for your face shape
- Apply the base before the blush
- Brush the brush smoothly with the powder blush.
- Apply with your finger and diffuse liquid flush
- Dry the excess with a tissue
- Apply the blush in a “C” if you have a heart-shaped face
- Avoid the apples of the cheeks if you have a round face
- Go from the cheekbone to the temple if you have the most oval face
- Apply the blush in circular movements if you have a square face
- Buy a pale pink, peach or transparent plum if you have clear skin
- Use mauve or apricot color if the tone of your skin is medium
- Buy a pink or tan blush if you have olive skin
- Choose a passing tone, brick or live tangerine if you have dark complexion
- Use a powder blush if you have normal or oily skin
- Choose a cream blush if you have dry or aging skin
How to apply blush for your face shape- 1: Apply the base before the blush
To obtain better results, you must first apply the base, then the concealer, the bronzer and, finally, the blush. After applying the blush, you can make up your eyebrows; apply the shadow, the eyeliner and the mascara. It is important that you do it this way to make sure that the makeup looks balanced and stays where you apply it.
How to apply blush for your face shape- 2: Brush the brush smoothly with the powder blush
If you use a powder blush, lightly fluff a medium brush in the blush and then tap it to remove the excess. Apply the blush on the cheeks and then use another clean brush to smudge.
Make movements down with the brush when you finish fogging so that the facial hairs are flat on the surface of the skin.
How to apply blush for your face shape- 3: Apply with your finger and diffuse liquid flush
If you use a blush cream or gel, take a little with the ring finger. Apply a few dots of color first and then use your finger or a makeup sponge to blur it. For a more natural look, finish blending with a specific brush for blush. Use a cream base if you use a cream blush to get better results.
How to apply blush for your face shape- 4: Dry the excess with a tissue
Do not soften the blush with a translucent powder because the color of your face may look dull. Instead, hold a flat handkerchief against your face and lightly and continuously press a makeup sponge over your cheeks to remove a little dust. If you use a blush cream, you can give a light touch on the cheeks only with the handkerchief.
How to apply blush for your face shape- 5: Apply the blush in a “C” if you have a heart-shaped face
Apply the blush forming a curved line from the top of the temple to the cheekbone. Apply the blush a little softer on the temple and gradually increase the pressure to reach the cheekbone.
How to apply blush for your face shape- 6: Avoid the apples of the cheeks if you have a round face
You can define your face more if you contract the cheeks and lightly brush the brush in a straight line under the cheekbones. Do not apply the blush on the apples of the cheeks because your face will look rounder.
How to apply blush for your face shape- 7: Go from the cheekbone to the temple if you have the most oval face
With gentle movements, go from the most prominent part of the cheekbone to the earlobe. Also, add a touch just on the temple.
How to apply blush for your face shape- 8: Apply the blush in circular movements if you have a square face
Apply it directly on the apples of the cheeks with circular movements to soften the angular features and attract attention to the roundest part of your face.
How to apply blush for your face shape- 9: Buy a pale pink, peach or transparent plum if you have clear skin
Light pink and peach are usually the best colors for clear skin because they provide a natural look. Any transparent tone, especially the plum, will look good on the clear skin, as it is translucent and not so strong.
How to apply blush for your face shape- 10: Use mauve or apricot color if the tone of your skin is medium
The apricot is excellent to create a subtle warm effect on the medium skins, while the mallow provides a more intense sensation of depth.
How to apply blush for your face shape- 11: Buy a pink or tan blush if you have olive skin
The rose will give you a delicate and natural tone. The tanned tone will provide you with some warmth and shine.
How to apply blush for your face shape- 12: Choose a passing tone, brick or live tangerine if you have dark complexion
Intense colors like raisin or brick enhance dark skins better without looking too exaggerated. To have a neutral look, try a live tangerine blush.
How to apply blush for your face shape- 13: Use a powder blush if you have normal or oily skin
The blush powder is excellent because it looks good on almost all skin types; it looks silky and leaves a matte finish. In addition, it is very durable and it is not necessary to reapply it for long periods.
How to apply blush for your face shape- 14: Choose a cream blush if you have dry or aging skin
Cream blush can moisturize the skin to prevent it from looking very dry. It tends to look a bit damp when you apply it and feels very light, which creates a more authentic appearance.
- Make sure the blush and lipstick have similar shades. Regardless if you use a clear tone on the lips and strong on the cheeks or vice versa, you should use coral tones with corals, etc.
- Start with a little. It will be easier to add more flush than to remove the excess.
- With an angular brush you can better apply the blush.
- Use a large, clean, quality brush.
- The blush highlights the redness of the injured skin and pimples, even on the base and concealer, which makes the irritated skin worse. If you have damaged skin, avoid flushing and all other powder and cream products until it gets better. Wash your face with a cleanser and apply a moisturizing cream every morning and night while you heal.
- Do not apply excessive blush; as for most things, the blush is better if applied sparingly.
We hope these tips will be useful to you. We want your comments and suggestions to improve our ideas. Thank you and have a great day!