How to brighten up your wedding decorations
It is becoming a more popular trend to have homemade elements at your wedding. Some people are opting for doing their own arrangements for the tables, centrepieces and wedding favours. There are of course certainly elements that you want to leave up to the professions such as conducting the ceremony, catering the food, the wedding photographer and the Florist Tewkesbury way, such as https://flowershedtewkesbury.co.uk/, that is going to create your bouquet.
One increasingly popular elements that people are adding to their tables is homemade candles.
Here are the steps to creating your own candle.
- Prepare the place you are going to work – candle making can be a messy activity and it is important that you start the process off with a clean area and a place in which you don’t mind dried wax sticking to the surface until you clean it off. It is also important to make sure that you have a towel and some newspaper and paper towels to hand. Also make sure you have prepared your equipment and have your containers and jars close by and your wicks to hand as well.
- Melting the wax – This is where the one of the potential areas of mess lies. You need to empty your chosen wax pellets or cut blocks into a pot that you have placed over another pot that contains water and is placed over the heat. This is very similar to the way that you would melt chocolate. The wax will melt in around 10-15 minutes and it is important that the wax reaches a temperature of between 160-170 degrees so it is a good idea to have a thermometer on standby.
- Wick preparation – In the time you are waiting for your wax to melt you should be preparing your wicks in your chosen containers. To do this you need to secure the bottom of the wick to the base of your container. This can be done by using wicks that have sticky bottoms, by using superglue or by using some of the liquid that is formed when you first start melting the wax.
- Make you additions – Once all of the wax pellets have melted this is your opportunity to add whatever colourings and scents that you wish to. It is important to follow the instructions on the packets of the wax or additional ingredients that you have purchased. In order to make sure that the colour and fragrance is evenly distributed it is important to stir the mixture for around 30 seconds.
- Once you have made all the additions you want to it is time to get the wax cool, ideally to a temperature of around 130-140 degrees. You can then pour this into your chosen moulds or containers. It is important that you keep a gentle hold of the wick as you pour the melted wax in.
- Wick securing – Once you have filled your container you should then tie the wick around a stick or pencil and rest this across the top of the container. This needs to stay in place for a couple of hours.
- Allow your candle to cool
- Trim your wick – It is important to trim your wick once the candle has cooled and trim it down to your desired length
- Tidy up and enjoy your candle which will look absolutely stunning once they are all lit in the early evening at. Do make sure to look it up as you will be blown away by what is to offer and the stunning area you can enjoy.