Tips and tricks for nail care
Sometimes our nails are weakened by cold, heat, wind, etc. They also turn yellow from tobacco or crack and stain from a poor diet. Keeping your nails manicured and healthy is not difficult at all and we are going to show you some basic steps to make them perfect. Here are some tips and tricks for nail care that you should keep in mind and that you can easily do from home.
- To start, we recommend that you always keep your hands well hydrated by applying a generous layer of hand cream and allowing the skin to absorb it, giving a gentle massage. and affecting the part of the nails. With a daily base of cream or vegetable oils, you will prevent your nails from becoming dry or weak.
- Every time you do something that can spoil them (such as washing dishes), you can wear gloves and prevent them from drying out or becoming brittle. It is also convenient, whenever you go to wash your hands, to use cold or warm water instead of hot.
- Use hot water when you need to soften them to cut them, it will be easier. It is recommended not to leave them too short and give it a rounded shape to avoid snagging.
- Use a nail brush to remove dead nail cells and an exfoliating cream to remove it from your hands. You can use a very effective homemade exfoliating cream mixing oil and salt and rubbing your hands.
- Try not to cut the cuticles of the feet or hands and remove them with an orange stick giving it the shape of the nail. If they are too hard you can soften them with a little cream. There are special creams for cuticles.
- When filing your nails, always try to file towards the center and to the same side. If you are not going to paint them or you are going to do the manicure on men, there are files that brighten the surface.
- It is recommended to always use a protective transparent base before applying the colored enamel, this way you will avoid the direct contact of the enamel on the nail and you will strengthen it. Try to do your manicure on a towel or absorbent paper so as not to stain the table.
- Always remember before applying the enamel, dry your hands well, and remove any remaining cream. When you apply the enamel, do it in thin layers and correct it right away, since if you wait for it to dry it will give a caked appearance. Try to start applying the enamel by applying a brush stroke in the center of the nail and continuing with a brushstroke on each side.
- If you have fairly wide nails, it will do you good not to paint to the extreme, so they will seem somewhat smaller and also avoid getting out of the nail. If you go out painting you can use the orange canopy at the tip end to remove excess enamel. Keep in mind that dark colors make nails smaller and lighter ones make them appear larger.
- It is very important to be patient and wait for the enamel to dry completely. Some homemade tricks to quickly dry the nails is to put them in very cold water for 3 minutes or dry them with the dryer. Although there are also some manicure products to dry nails that can come in handy, such as quick-drying nail polishes, quick-drying Top Coats, or professional nail dryers.
Did you know…?
- The best way at home to keep the enamel liquid and not to dry out in the pot is to store it in the fridge.
- A good trick to whiten your nails is to soak them for about 10 minutes is a mixture of 250 ccs of hot water and a tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide. Repeat twice a week. You can also try leaving them a few days unpainted so that the nail breathes (especially if you have it purple) and rub a lemon wedge daily.
- Using an acetone-free nail polish remover is less abrasive to nails and has a softer odor and texture.
- Using a Top Coat on top of the colored enamel will make your manicure more durable and brighter.
You can see how with these simple tricks and tips for the care of fingernails and toenails you can keep them in perfect condition, without having to go to any center. Do not forget to tell us below if you know of any other daily remedy that may be useful.
You may also like to read- http://honeyblackmagazine.com/